Wednesday 25 November 2009

Sharing Work - Instructions and Collages

Today children from Miss Haskew's class at Scargill Infants shared two topics from their class work with Mrs Dorling's class at Parkhill Juniors.
In the first topic the children had been writing instructions and they read their work about how to go home after school and also their instructions for making a milkshake.

They had written detailed instructions in a logical order and they read these very confidently.

The Parkhill pupils were able to these questions about the work:-

What did you put first on your instructions?
Did you test your instructions to see if they worked?
How did you organise your writing?
What was difficult about writing the instructions?
Why did you choose the instructions?


The Scargill pupils gave very detailed answers to the questions and explained that they used a toolkit to help them with their work. The wrote the titles first and then had to remember to use bossy words when doing their writing. They tested out their instructions and had even made a milkshake in class.

For the second topic Miss Haskew's class then showed beautiful cut out paper caterpillars that had been decorated with coloured tissue paper.

The Parkhill children asked them:-

Why did you choose a caterpillar?
What did you use to make it?
How did you make it?
Was the caterpillar work fun
?

The children explained that they had been reading the story of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and had used the pictures in the book to help them design their caterpillar, looking carefully at the colours in the book.

Everyone really enjoyed the session and in January the two classes will link again when Mrs Dorling's class will be able to show their work.

The children had lots of comments about the video conference and these can be read in the comments section below.

23 comments:

  1. I liked reading the hungry caterpillar and liked their work.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  2. The children at Scargill had a clear voice.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the caterpillar at the end.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the caterpillar work.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the hungry caterpillar book and I want to do the instructions.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked reading the hungry caterpillar book and I like Scargill Infants school caterpillars. I like making milkshakes.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked reading the hungry caterpillar and the pictures they made were as good as the pictures in the book.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the instructions were clear.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the order they wrote the instructions.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I can make a caterpillar like Scargill Infants school.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked asking Scargill Infants school my question and I liked the hungry caterpillar.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember reading the hungry caterpillar.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked the milkshake instructions because they were good and I wish I could make a milkshake.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish that 3D could do a tissue paper caterpillar.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the way they read in front of the camera.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really liked the way they put the tissue paper on.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked the green tissue paper.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked the part when they showed the caterpillar work.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really liked how Scargill Infants school did their instructions nad used the word First.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved how Scargill made their caterpillar look just like the one in the book.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was all really interesting.
    From: Mrs Dorling's class

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well done Miss Haskew and your class for showing us your wonderful work. You all spoke very clearly to the camera and gave some very detailed answers to our questions. Everyone at Parkhill really enjoyed the link and we can't wait to meet up again in the New Year to show you our work.
    From: Mrs Seagrave, Parkhill Junior School

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you very much for your kind comments about Class 4 and their work. They were all a little scared about talking in front of you all but they all said they loved it by the end. We look forward to sharing more work with you in the future.
    Miss Haskew, Class 4, Scargill Infants

    ReplyDelete